Sunday, November 13, 2011

Live, Love While You Can

       I was thinking today about how hard my semester has been. I barely have time to see anyone, no time for fun, exam after exam, and not much is coming from it anyway. To make things worse, my brother was late to pick me up. Oh what drama. I bet people would look at my life and pity me. I bet university is ruining my social life so much that all those people who had to drop out for lack of funds would pity me. My clothes are so last year that every naked child freezing in winter would pity me. My social life is so dead right now that every person with social anxiety would weep for my pain. I am so mad my Saturday was lost doing homework that every bed-ridden child fighting cancer would shed a tear for me. I feel so lonely. Do you think those homeless people we pass by everyday would understand how I feel?
        Do I dare look at the world and whine about my little problems when people all around are losing their children, parents, jobs, life, education funds, etc...? Do I dare look in the eyes of a mother burying her son killed in Afghanistan and say: "Oh how I was bored today... how was YOUR day?"
         I am blessed. I have a beautiful life. Many of us do, most of us do. WHAT exactly makes life beautiful? Being rich? beautiful? with no worries? Is that why most Hollywood stars are arrested, ruin their lives partying and doing drugs? Yes, your friend just came back from THE event of year. His pictures are up on facebook. You wish you were there. Now look at your other friend's profile. The friend who wakes up everyday and posts a short message on his sister's profile telling her how much he misses her since she died in that car crash.  Always know what you have, and be thankful for it. Do not let anyone state if your life is beautiful or not. I have friends who were abused as kids, physically, sexually, emotionally... yet they are the happiest people I know. Why? They learned how to cope with sorrow. They learned to look on the bright side of life. Psychologists didn't help them, anti-depressants didn't help them. THEY helped themselves. They decided THEY will choose how their life would be, no matter what the events are. My friend says: "I thought my life was rough, especially because of the abuse, but then I saw a video of girls in sexual slavery, and the first idea that came to my mind was how lucky I am, and how each one of them would gladly trade places with me. I decided I could either think of the horrible events of life over and over again, or decide to move on and make the best of it. In the end, the pain, the sorrow, the hurt will go, but the joy could end suddenly too, so might as well live it to the fullest."
So this is my advice to you today. Live life to the fullest! Don't let people bring you down, don't let life bring you down. We will all get blows in life, but you can choose whether you want to die beaten down, or go out like a hero. I chose "hero", and life already looks better. So start every day by saying:
"Life, BRING.... IT ....ON!"

No comments:

Post a Comment